Dr. Binford specializes in complex neuropsychological evaluations for children, adolescents and adults, including ADHD, learning challenges, autism spectrum disorders, and traumatic brain injuries, as well as the impact of trauma on daily functioning. She places an emphasis on highlighting individual strengths as well as helping people to understand how their neurocognitive challenges impact their academic abilities, job performance, and interpersonal relationships.
She believes that a thorough evaluation:
- Addresses emotional, behavioral, academic and professional areas
- Connects brain functioning with day to day challenge
- Identifies individual strengths
- Develops holistic and comprehensive treatment plans
- Helps individuals rise to their fullest potential
Dr. Binford has also lectured widely on a variety of topics including:
- The role of neuropsychological evaluation in achieving higher levels of academic success and improved day to day functioning
- The relationship between learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD
- The complexity of dyslexia and the comorbidity of learning disabilities
- Trauma, attachment and language deficits in children and adolescents identified with emotional and behavioral disorders
- See her Professional Presentations List for a full review of past lectures
Dr. Binford completed her undergraduate studies and her Master's degree in counseling psychology through Bethel University. She received her PhD in clinical psychology with a neuropsychology concentration from Fielding Graduate University.